Mowlid Elmi Osman
Director of ICT
- Identifying the ICT needs of the Institute Departments in consultation with other staff, communicating with users to formulate and produce a requirements specification to create system and software solutions.
- Developing and managing a database covering overall business operations and activities of the assigned institutions.
- Creating, maintaining and managing technical quality assurance processes and procedures to assess efficiency, validity, value and functional performance of computer systems and environments
- Ensuring adherence to accredited internal and external industry quality standards and regulations
- Planning, organizing, directing, controlling and coordinating the acquisition, development, maintenance and use of ICT systems. Tasks will include:
- Analysing information needs and specifying technology to meet those needs;
- Formulating and directing ICT strategies, policies and plans;
- Directing the selection and installation of ICT resources and the provision of user training;
- Setting priorities between system developments, maintenance and operations overseeing the security of ICT systems;
- Preparing purchase orders, monitoring supply sources and negotiating contracts with suppliers.
- Providing on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring for Institute to manage all ITC procedures.
- Providing ICT advice and support to Institute management.
- Ensuring optimal database and system integrity, security, backup, reliability and performance.
- Performing the operational establishment and preventive maintenance of backups, recovery procedures, and enforcing security and integrity controls.
- Implementing and administering database documentation, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Testing database systems and upgrades, such as debugging, tracking, reproduction, logging and resolving all identified problems, according to approved quality.