Director of Academic Department
Department of Academic
- To provide guidelines on academic strategy and planning.
- To guide the Institute’s emerging trends in higher education nationally, regionally and globally.
- To play a unifying role in supporting the Institute core business of teaching, learning and research.
- To enhance and establish a procedure and examination execution that is effective in order to create a continuous evaluation system that is efficient, systematic and transparent.
- To provide the teaching and learning facilities in the lecture halls and laboratories with the latest infrastructure to create conducive teaching and learning environment.
- To enhance student success through excellence in teaching and learning, innovation, discovery, creativity, civic engagement, diversity and inclusiveness.
- To direct constructive change in the delivery and implementation of academic programmes in response to the needs of the students and modern employers.
- To manage, administer and establish the student admission system.
- To manage the graduation process for the students who complete their studies successfully.
- To review, evaluate and recommend changes in the academic policies and programmes
- To ensure a conducive research environment by providing the right infrastructure and state-of-the-art research and laboratory facilities
- To co-ordinate all research activities in the Institute including the provision of potential research funding agencies and development of research proposals.
- To disseminate research results to the community and other end users.
- To facilitate establishment and sustaining of all collaborations with relevant partners.
- To co-ordinate students’ union elections and register clubs and societies and monitor their activities.
- To aid in student administration, guidance and academic support services.